Does Skipr.net require the installation or purchase of any special equipment?
- While Skipr.net does not require any special equipment, it assumes that a boat’s position is known (usually by using a GPS) and that Internet access is available to report your position.
- When full internet access is not available, The Skipr Plus program allows for position reporting via email only (for example though a satellite phone or sailmail )
How much does it cost?
- It’s free, although we have a Skipr Plus program for those who would like to contribute to the maintenance and development of Skipr.net – it also has some additional features.
Will there always be a free version?
- Absolutely, we will always have a free service. There is a Skipr Plus program to help fund development, but above all it’s a labour of love.
Will you respect my privacy?
- Of course. We will never share your contact details. We will not send you unsollicited emails except to notify you of changes to the service and to maintain the integrity of the system.
Is this all there is?
- No way! We always have further plans. Check our blog regularly for updates.
Why are you doing this?