|1||Thurs 27/12||Palm Beach||Jibbon Beach|| |
|Getting in the mood. Nice trip past Sydney inc Bondi and Cooks Landing good shelter from south. Nice beach adjacent to Nat Pk. Cronulla is accessible if nec. Port of refuge Sydney Harbour, Botany Bay.|
|2||Fri 28/12||Jibbon Beach||Jervis Bay |
|First Light Start. Very pretty trip past Nat Pk and the coastal escarpment to Wollongong, the Five Islands nr Pt Kembla, heavy industry, beaches and Pt Kembla Harbour. Be careful of the Sir John Young Banks off Beecroft Head. Spectacular cliffs seen prior to Jervis Bay entry at Point Perpendicular. Ports of refuge, Wollongong (Belmore Basin), Port Kembla outer Harbour, Kiama (old style stone quay), Crookhaven River. Green Patch is in the south eastern corner of Jervis Bay and is the overnight anchorage|
|3||Sat 29/12||Jervis Bay||Jervis Bay Montague|| |
|Tour of the Bay including HMAS Creswell, Huskisson, Montague Roads|
|4||Sun 30/12||Jervis Bay||Jervis Bay|| |
|Summer Holiday Fun probably Long Beach near Montague Roads|
|5||Mon 31/12||Jervis Bay||Jervis Bay|| |
|Summer Holiday Fun plus New Years Eve---Huskisson?|
|6||Tues 1 Jan||Jervis Bay||Crookhaven R|| |
|Early start to enjoy the glow of sunrise on the cliffs staying in close. Very secure anchoring in river.|
|7||Wed 2 Jan||Crookhaven R||Crookhaven R||Explore Greenwell Point village.Market, cake shop fish/chips. Enjoy local restaurant/s.|
|8||Thurs 3 Jan||Crookhaven R||Crookhaven R||At rest but possible trip to Nowra via Berrys canal (cruiser or dinghy--not yacht due to power lines). Crookhaven River has good holding in mud. If weather brings an extended delay in return passage it is suitable place to leave boats (bus to Nowra, train to Sydney).|
|9||Fri 4 Jan||Crookhaven R||Jibbon Beach|| |
|Early Start to arrive Jibbon early afternoon|
|10||Sat 5 Jan||Jibbon Beach||Sydney|| |
|Visit the original settlement to see how city folk live-perhaps Quarantine Cove or fish market|
|11||Sun 6 Jan||Sydney||Pittwater|| |
|NOTE. Sat 6 & Sun 7 could be combined if weather delays return voyage.|
- Programme is subject to weather.
- Self sufficiency required for fuel, water, food, drink
- Jervis Bay is exposed and the weather must be always be monitored in relation to Southerlies
- Communications VHF 78 with 16 monitored.
- There are a limited number of public moorings in Jervis Bay
- Anchors can be difficult to set--check each time.
- Jervis Bay is unspoiled with crystal clear water & Xmas is the time of summer holiday fun.
- A good time is guaranteed
- Boats should be capable of 6 knots plus or minus southerly set.
- Boats should meet appropriate safety standards and carry relevant charts.